Omija-hwachae is omija punch blended with omija liquid and honey or sugar, and garnished with carved pear. Omija-hwachae is a cold drink that is typically enjoyed in the summer. It has a beautiful color and is high in organic acids which are good for relieving physical fatigue and quenching thirst.
[Ingredients & Quantity]
20 g (1/5cups) Omija , 400 g (2 cups) water
36 g (3 tbsp) sugar
38 g (2 tbsp) honey
125 g (¼ ea) pear
3.5 g (1 tsp) pine nuts
1. Wash the Omija, remove foreign elements, drain water on a strainer.
2. Add water to the Omija and let it sit for 12 hours.
3. Remove tops of pine nuts, wipe the nuts with dry cotton cloths.
1. When the Omija soaked fully, filter through cotton cloths (352 g).
2. Add sugar and honey to the Omija water.
3. Peel the pear and slice it into 0.2 cm-thick, carve them into pear flower shape (60 g).
4. Put the Omija water into a punch bowl, topping with pear and pine nuts.
*Seasonal fruits will be suitable for the season.