Neobiani is thinly sliced grilled beef with soy sauce seasoning. Neobiani means that the beef is sliced into broad sections. It is tender with a lot of knife slits in it.
Ingredients & Quantity
600 g beef (sirloin), 70 g (pear 140 g) pear juice Seasoning sauce : 90 g (5 tbsp) soy sauce, 36 g (3 tbsp) sugar, 21 g (1 tbsp) honey, 28 g (2 tbsp) minced green onion, 16 g (1 tbsp) minced garlic, 16 g (1 tbsp) ginger juice, 6 g (1 tbsp) sesame salt, 0.5 g (1/5 tsp) ground black pepper, 26 g (2 tbsp) sesame oil
2 g (1 tsp) pine nuts powder
50 g lettuce
13 g (1 tbsp) edible oil
1. Clean blood of beef with cotton cloths, remove fats and tendons (500 g), cut into 5 cm-wide, 7 cm-long and 0.3~0.5 cm thick along with opposite direction of the texture. Chop them slightly and marinate in pear juice for 10 min.
2. Blend seasoning sauce.
3. Trim and wash lettuce under running water cleanly.
4. Remove tops of the pine nuts, wipe the pine nuts with dry cotton cloths, pound it finely to make pine nuts powder (2 g).
1. Add seasoning sauce to the beef, mix thoroughly until seasoning sauce permeated evenly into the beef. Let it sit for 30 min. (827 g).
2. Preheat the grill and oil. Put the beef piece by piece on it, and grill them for 3 min. for front side, and 2 min. for back side, at about 15 cm above the heat not to be burnt.
3. Sprinkle pine nuts powder and serve with lettuce.
*To cook good taste steamed rice, rice should be steamed to be pretty tender, neither too hard nor too soft or watery.
*Steaming in boiling water would produce deeper brown colour, better taste and sweet smell.
*Two hours may be proper for steaming in boiling water.
*For the sweet steamed rice sauce, caramel sauce may produces good colour and sweet smell.