My monthly visit for September 2009 found me in the Genghis Khan restaurant with a couple of friends. I have eaten here on occasions since it opened some four and a half years ago.
Genghis Khan Chinese Restaurant
87 Kingston Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 3PA
Telephone Number: 020 8949 7977
Take Away service is available
A limited selection of alcoholic beverages is offered.
There is seating for fifty diners with the patrons being almost exclusively Korean.
The menu is in English and Korean and includes two set lunches, two set dinners and a varied selection of other dishes.
The owner is Mrs. KIM Su Bun
New Malden train station is a 12 minute walk away.
Numerous bus routes, including numbers 131, 213 and X26, stop at the Fountain roundabout which is a mere 5 minute walk away.
There is parking locally.
We chose four dishes for our meal.
* Strips of Jelly fish surrounded by prawns, crab sticks, cucumber, carrot, red and green peppers----------attractively presented and all mixed together when
about to be eaten.
* Crispy rice cakes, baby octopus, squid, prawns, water chestnut, two types of mushroom, baby sweet corn, broccoli and red peppers in a flavoured sauce--- a pleasant dish.
* Strips of beef mixed with leeks, onions and chilli-----spicy and most enjoyable.
* Noodles in seafood soup with mussels, prawns, baby octopus, squid, egg and pak choi---popular with many diners.
* Side dishes of Chinese Leaf lettuce Kimchi, spring onion Kimchi (pickles), salad, slices of yellow pickled radish and pieces of onion together with a dip of black bean sauce.
The two chefs employed over the last three years have transformed the quality of the dishes available.
This will continue to be one of the restaurants that I will patronise in New Malden.